||This is the headlight before fitting.
You can source these lights from a Nissan 300zx, just make sure
you dont get UK spec'd lights or you will fall foul of the SVA
tester. You need to make sure they have a little arrow on which
points to the right when looking into the light. This should
just be below the letter 'E' in a circle with a number next
If your lights do not have the E marking, they are from an import
vehicle, or worse still for a left hand drive vehicle. Not much
you do there I am afraid except to get another set from somewhere.
When buying your lights, make sure they have all the relevant
markings, there are a lot of import headlights floating around.
||This is the drivers side headlamp
fitted into its enclosure. The fit is pretty tight, and Naz
recommends cutting off the rear of the light housing to provide
clearance. I really feel uncomfortable doing this as it means
dust and potentially water could find their way into the now
compromised housing. I removed a small section of the inner
wheel arch cover to provide clearance, and will make a small
box to cover it over and render it water tight again.
The headlamp is held in using two straps on the left hand side,
and a single mount through to the side of the boot cover. The
lamp is very sturdy mounted in this way. I have heard of lights
being broken off when weight is applied through unsecure mountings.
I used the best method I could think of to test the mounting,
and managed to place almost all of my weight on it without it
The fibreglass panel That PD supply when fitted does not allow the headlight to be fitted correctly. The dipped beam reflector housing protrudes out and fouls this. PD solve this by cutting the rear of the light housing off. Unfortunately this opens the light up to ingress from dust and water so I was not overly enamoured with this idea.
What I did instead was to cut a square out which allows the light to be fitted, and also allows easy access to the light bulbs should they need replacing.
This part will be sandblasted, primed with acid-etch and then painted. Its too shiny in its raw aluminium.